The firm completed its Regulation D filing with the SEC
Lewis & Clark AgriFood announced it has closed funding for its growth equity strategy at $257 million, consisting of an oversubscribed Lewis & Clark AgriFood Fund II totalling more than $169 million and Lewis & Clark RBIC Fund II at $88 million. The RBIC Fund closed in December 2020. Both funds exceeded their fundraising target due to strong demand from investors.
Lewis & Clark AgriFood brings a breadth of quality sector experience that fuels a holistic investment approach across the entire agriculture and food value chain. Its investment team partners with growth-stage companies to enhance performance and leverage its broad network and expertise.
“We are very pleased with the funding for our AgriFood growth strategy, and we are excited to get to work with our partners to modernise the food and agriculture value chain,” said Dave Taiclet, General Partner and Managing Director, Lewis & Clark AgriFood. “As the industry undergoes a considerable transformation fuelled by advancements in science and technology, there has never been a better time to be investing in these sectors.”
The AgriFood Fund II and RBIC Fund II have already invested in eight companies that showcase the industry’s most cutting-edge solutions in a wide array of applications.
“Our sweet spot is working with tech-centric, sustainable companies that enable the agricultural industry to keep up with changing consumer demands,” said Tom Hillman, Founding Partner, Lewis & Clark AgriFood. “We are well positioned by having subject matter experts and several strategic industry experts as investors, as their knowledge and access to distribution helps accelerate the growth of our companies.”
The AgriFood Fund II and RBIC Fund II portfolios include, but are not limited to, the following organizations:
- BinSentry – enables feed mills to effectively track on-farm inventory, dramatically increasing operational efficiencies.
- BlueNalu – an industry leader in cell-cultured seafood, provides consumers with great tasting, healthy, safe and trusted products that support the sustainability and biodiversity of our oceans.
- Brightseed – offers the first and only artificial intelligence to map the world’s plant-based bioactives and predict which of them have the greatest impact on critical health areas.
- Bushel – is a leading provider of software technology solutions for growers, grain buyers, ag retailers, protein producers and food companies.
- Stony Creek Colors – creates bio-based dyes that improve profitability and ecosystem health for farmers, while empowering designers, brands and mills with greater transparency and traceability.
- Tortuga AgTech – focuses on creating value for growers by addressing their hardest problems: access to reliable, affordable labour and high-quality information.
Lewis & Clark AgriFood has invested in 15 companies since its first fund launched in 2016. It has exited one, and another portfolio company is currently going public in a $2B SPAC merger.
Lewis & Clark AgriFood will continue to look for ambitious partners and investors who want to make a positive impact on the world while transforming the food and agriculture value chain. To learn more, go to lewisandclarkagrifood.com.
About Lewis & Clark AgriFood
Lewis & Clark AgriFood is a St. Louis-based group of experienced investment professionals who are passionate about investing in companies at the forefront of food and agriculture innovation. We look for companies that deliver benefits to the stakeholders in the food and agriculture sector from the producer to the supply chain, all the way to the consumer. We invest in companies at the growth stage of their evolution, poised to scale their technology to a national or global scale. As founders, operators, investors and scientists, our seasoned investment team brings a breadth of quality sector experience to every investment. For more information, visit lewisandclarkagrifood.com or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.